Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Zinnia Stem" Daily Oil Painting

Floral, Oil on linen on panel, 4" x 4", "Zinnia Stem"
This painting is 4x4", painted on linen mounted on panel. The panel is notched on the back, so that it can be hung on the wall without any framing.

                                 Email for purchase info.

This Zinnia flower stem kept me from painting my planned subject. I was stopped short by it's beauty. The bloom sprang up, luridly, almost daring me to take it. The person who leads the garden, was kind enough to let me have this bloom. It was grown from seed, by elementary children, who learned that although flowers are beautiful, they are also important, as powerful seductors for pollinators. No matter what vegetables are grown in the garden, the children always also plant flowers in the same bed. That makes sense, doesn't it?





No comments:

Post a Comment