Monday, August 13, 2012

"Swim Goggles" Alla Prima Oil Painting

Still life, Oil on linen on panel, 4" x 4", "Swim Goggles"


This painting is 4x4", painted on linen mounted on panel. The panel is notched on the back, so that it can be hung on the wall without any framing.
 
                                    Email me for purchase info.

I once read a book called Painting the Things You Love in Watercolor by Adele Earnshaw. It's out of print now, but you can find it used on Amazon for an extremely reasonable price as of this posting. It was fantastic for demonstrating how you can use the items you already cherish to create your own signature style. She covered the basics, but is a thorough teacher. I really enjoyed her down to earth style.

"Swim Goggles" arose out of this need to paint things that I love, as I learn to handle paint better during my daily painting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment