Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Minecraft Cow" Original Oil Daily Painting

Busy day! I prepped a bunch of new substrates so that I could do my daily painting without running out. This time, I cut out foam core in 4 x 6 and 4 x 5 inch sizes. Then I covered them with a thin film of hide glue and positioned Claessan's Belgium linen over them. I smoothed them out and covered them with heavy weights. They have to sit this way for 24 hours. Then I can see if there are any delaminated spots, or if they are ready to paint.

Then, I started my next daily painting. I have been wanting to do a series on the video game "Minecraft". When I first saw this game, I thought I was back in the 80's with it's heavy pixelated and blocky textured look. The huge difference is that you get a 3d view of the game space. Players can create anything within Minecraft, only their imagination providing the limit. I just picked up a small manual on Redstone so I'm looking forward to learning about it. I'm not a player, because I know that it 's very addictive and I'd spend too much time on it if I started. My daughter is a Minecraft player though, and I like seeing it's world through her eyes.

"Minecraft Cow", 2.5 x 3.5 in., oil on canvas/SOLD ©Victoria Page Miller


This painting is an ACEO. ACEO stands for Art Card Originals and Editions. They are kin to ATC or Artist Trading Cards and share the requirement of being 2.5 x 3.5 inches, or the same size as a standard playing card. This is the first in my series on Minecraft.




No comments:

Post a Comment