Saturday, March 22, 2014

I made it into the 3rd Annual Juried #WPSE Exhibition!

I'm sooooo excited! I can't wait!

"Heron at DeLeon Springs", Oil, 20 x 24", ©VP Miller

Next week I'll be cruising up to Greensboro, GA (southeast of Atlanta) to the opening of the 2014 3rd Annual Juried Women Painters of the Southeast Exhibition. My painting "Heron at DeLeon Springs" was selected, and I couldn't be happier especially when I saw the incredible work that it will be displayed alongside. I can't wait to meet these artists and talk about their work.

You can see the entire 2014 WPSE Member Show online here

If you would like the excuse the get out of town and join me, the Magnolia Art Gallery is hosting the event with a Preview Party and People's Choice Voting on Friday, March 28th from 6-8pm.

I am signed up to see the supremely talented painter Mary Garrish demonstrate her painting on Saturday (you are also invited, but you must register... no worries, just contact Magnolia Art Gallery above... oh but it will be so worth it). Her landscapes are so beautifully rendered, but it's her skies and clouds that I get lost in.

On Sunday morning I'm trying my first oil plein air outside, ever. That is, I will be hauling my paint supplies with me to Georgia, and schlepping them to some as yet unknown outside location with ladies I haven't met and will be painting in a manner completely foreign to me, in front of them! No problem! I really can't see anything going wrong!

Actually, I firmly believe in acting despite of fears, because it causes growth, having fun laughing at yourself and learning anyway! If it makes my chest pound, it's probably something I should do. What a better way to start painting outside, then with a seasoned group of plein air artists who might be able to offer tips?

If I'm truly brave, then I will remember to take and post a few pictures.










No comments:

Post a Comment