Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Special Recognition Award in Light Space and Time Botanicals Competition!

I am so very pleased to announce that I received a Special Recognition award for my oil painting titled "Sweet Magnolia", in Light Space and Time online's 3rd Annual Botanical competition.

Victoria Page Miller with her oil painting "Sweet Magnolia", holding Special Recognition award


The theme for the gallery's July art competition was botanical and floral art. The gallery received 704 different entries from 26 different countries and 41 different states and the District of Columbia.

I was inspired to paint "Sweet Magnolia" by watching the magnolia trees bloom in Central Florida. I drove around with a ladder in my van for several days until finding the perfect field specimen to study. I am delighted to be both a first time entrant and winner in the gallery's recent competition.

The "Sweet Magnolia" oil painting and my other works can be viewed at my website
http://www.victoriapagemiller.com .




No comments:

Post a Comment